Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Opinions Welcome (and needed) & News

Well, it is officially official! We actually own the house we have been living in for a month and a half. I closed alone (Adam is out of town and business) and I had to sign for both of us, which is just obnoxious - Adam Henderson by Michelle Henderson as attorney in fact 100 times got a little old! 

As a little congratulatory gift, I bought myself a chair for my office...which I will be needing a lot more... because as you a reading this (if you are reading Wednesday AM)....I am giving my TWO WEEKS NOTICE. Kind. of. freaking. out. But it will all be so worth it! I am going to be off to fulfilling my dreams as a full-time interior designer with a side of school. So... if you need one, you're looking at her, wink-wink.

On to the more fun stuff and the part where I need your help. Here is my fancy new chair. I love the fluffy down cushion! So here is where I need your help....


It all originally started with this chair from Wisteria.


It is $360 plus shipping and I got mine for $150... I win. So let's go through the options.  I for sure am using this Designer's Guild Orangerie fabric somewhere in the room since it is the inspiration for the color palette.


And I found this David Hicks La Fiorentina knock-off on Spoonflower that I am loving.


So here are the options:

1. Do solid royal on cushion and back to look like the inspiration chair with a small floral pillow.
2. Do geometric royal on cushion and back with a small floral pillow. 
3. Do geometric royal cushion and floral back. 

And, no, doing the whole chair in floral is not an option. That fabric ain't cheap!

Help a girl out!








Pin It

19 comments:

Jessika Williams said...

Ahhh Look at you following those big dreams! I am so happy for you, and I don't have one doubt in my head that this isn't a smart decision! Congrats, sister!

As for the chair, I'd go with option three. Blue all over and floral on the back! That royal fabric is stunning. 
:)

Apparently Obsessed said...

I vote for geometric with a small floral pillow.  I love mixing prints - especially with my home fabrics!

Laura @ The Steen Style said...

Congratulations on closing and quitting!! :) option 2 is my favorite. Good luck!

Averi Raleigh said...

Geometric with small flower pillow!!

Sarah Rogers said...

I vote number two! Those patterns will look great mixed BUT I think if you did the top floral and the bottom geo it would be a tad overwhelming. PLUS a small pillow saves you monies!

Congrats on your new venture - house and career ;)

celine {starbies and sangrias} said...

Another geometric with small floral pillow vote here.  Congrats!!

Emily Davis said...

You go girl!! Can't wait to see what the future holds for you. Maybe we will be able to talk (in person!) at a football game this fall. AND- I vote option 2. If you can't have a crazy patterned chair in your office, where can you have it?!?

xoxo, Emily
www.mainstreetchic.blogspot.com

JillGG said...

OMG!  Exciting, exciting stuff Michelle! I am so happy for you!  I like the first option, especially since I am obsessed with this color blue lately!

Melanie said...

go with #2!!!

Amber S. said...

I vote #1. Timeless and chic.

Ashley Aspinwall said...

I wish the whole chair in floral was an option but the next best thing is number 1. And congrats on the house and becoming a full time interior decorator! that is so exciting :)

xo SideSmile,
AshleySideSmile Style Blog

Sam E Penner said...

CONGRATS Michelle!  That is so exciting!  I am so happy for you.  I am currently doing school at night and assisting designers for now.  It was such a wonderful change for me and I know it will be for you, too!  And, I like option #2 for the chair!!  That floral fabric is to die for.

laura parke said...

michelle!!! congratulations on taking the leap and on closing on the house. what a big moment!!! i am so excited to watch you chase your dreams. hooray!!!

Melody said...

Congratulations all of your new plans are so exciting!! I saw you go with option #1 

Melody said...

I say*

Gaby said...

I would go with number two, geometric blue all over and a floral cushion for contrast. Congrats Michelle! :)

Jackie said...

OMG, you had to sign like that?? That sucks! You def deserve that gorgeous chair! My vote is #2-amazing find on that geometric fabric!

Ali said...

I am soo excited for you!! Yah for being free from the job! 

Jessica said...

Such big and exciting news! Congratulations on closing the house deal and pursuing your dreams! You go girl. I am no interior designer, but I love the look of the sleek blue chair with a pop of floral in the pillow. Good luck!
xx


 Here&Now