Monday, May 28, 2012

Guest Post - All Things Charming

Hi guys! Did I mention that I am vacationing all this week? I have some fabulous guest posts lined out and first up is Holly!

Hi there! I'm Holly from the fashion and lifestyle blog All Things Charming. I'm so excited to be here today at Second Street East! Michelle's blog is a daily read for me with her inspiring ability to blend the lines between interior and fashion.

Taking a cue from Michelle's Going Global post last month, I decided to highlight some pieces with a Mexican flair. My parents owned a travel agency while I was growing up (it was so amazing!). This combined with my dad living in Mexico while in grad school has lead to my family home being very influenced by Mexican design. After looking around my home, I decided to seek inspiration from a rug (the rug below is similar to one in our living room) and the textile and color books that sit on our coffee table. The patterns and vibrant shades in these interior items drew me to the fashion pieces below!

Tell me, how do global pieces influence your home interior and personal style? 

Mexican Inspiration {Interior to Fashion}


Thanks so much for having me, Michelle! xo 


Pin It

3 comments:

Amyshaughnessy said...

Love these pieces! I am so terrible at home decorating. I usually get my mom to come help me! That necklace is so cool, by the way.

Amy

fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

Ioana said...

I love these designs! 
Fashionspot.ro

Holly Jones said...

Thanks so much for having me, Michelle! xo