Wednesday, April 27, 2011

DIY overdyed rug

I normally try to post original content here, but this one is too good not to share. Kristen over at k.f.d. designs took an old $5 goodwill rug into something beautiful and current, which can be easily replicated! This is an especially good project because rugs are so expensive AND you can customize to whatever color your heart desires!

Before:


After:


Check out her post for the full instructions. If someone attempts this, please let me know! An old oriental rug is now on my list of things to look for!


Pin It

5 comments:

Tanya from Dans le Lakehouse said...

What a dramatic difference!!

Chelsea Junget said...

Woah - that's awesome!

Kristen said...

thank you for the feature!! :) glad you likey.

Julia Wright said...

I was searching for anybody who had tried dying an old rug. I'm wanting to attempt it, but then cut up various rugs and re-sew them together like the ones from http://moonishco.com - I love the look, but not the price tag. I'll let you know if I ever get the project done. Thanks for linking to Kristen, I'll have to check it out.

Michelle said...

Wow, Great collection of rugs, Just Awesome!


Recently i purchase a overdyed rug from http://www.rugsville.com