Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Birthday Trip

My birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks, and I have thought long and hard about what I want. I might be crazy and I might not be, but I want to go to IKEA for my birthday! I have never been and I have accumulated quite a list of things I need (ok, want) from there. Thank goodness my sweet husband has agreed to taking me. I thought I would share a couple of the things on my wish list.

DOCKSTA Table
This table will fit perfectly in our small breakfast nook in the kitchen. I am thinking about finding some vintage chairs and repainting/upholstering them to go with it.




LACK Bookcase
This will find a home in my living room on one of the bare walls.



BOMULL Curtains
I will use these curtains in my living room. There are only $14.99/pair. You can't really beat that. These will definitely tide me over until I can afford something different!




KASSETT Box

I definitely need some of these. These could quite possibly make their way into almost every room in my house. In different colors, of course.



BÖJA Lamp

I am not sure where this will go yet but since every light fixture in my entire house needs to be replaced, I am pretty sure we will be able to find a place for it.



As you can tell, I am pretty excited about the upcoming trip. I will, of course, keep you updated on when we go and show pics of what we bring home!

(all images via IKEA)


Pin It

2 comments:

Hollis said...

Oh Michelle. IKEA is dangerous ... and will be the most perfect Birthday present! Make sure you plan on being there for at least 2.5+ hours.

Unknown said...

Love that table! I have to do that whole replace every light in my house thing too. I'm buying a house in Edmond a short bike ride from my job. Here's my house inspiration blog if you're interested.
http://adbrad.com/house